2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following categories of information:
• “Personal Information” that can be used to uniquely identify you individually; such as:
– Information you provide online such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. To continuously improve your service and tailor our subsequent communications to you, we may also ask for additional information, such as your demographics, comments, professional interests, and contact preferences;
– Transaction information you provide when you donate online such as credit card information and payment information.
• Anonymous information that does not personally identify you:
– When you visit our websites, open e-mails we send, or use our applications on third-party websites or platforms, we collect: usage, location, viewing, and technical data (such as your device identifier or IP address).
3. CONSENT TO TRANSFER OF INFORMATION FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
4. CHILD PRIVACY
If you are under the age of 18, please do not use or access the website(s). It is not our intention to collect or use Personal Information from anyone under 18 years of age, and we will not knowingly do so. If we are made aware that we have collected any Personal Information from children under the age of 18, and are asked to delete such information from our system, we will promptly do so.
INTENDED FOR USERS 18 AND OLDER
The website(s) is intended for use by individuals 18 years of age or older. This website is not directed for use by children under the age of 18. Users under the age of 18 should get the assistance of a parent or guardian to use this site(s).
You agree that you will not:
Upload or transmit any communications or content of any type that may infringe or violate any rights of any party
Use this website(s) for any purpose in violation of local, state, national or international laws
Use this website(s) as a means to distribute advertising or other unsolicited material to any third party
Use this website(s) to post or transmit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful or embarrassing to any other person or entity
Attempt to disable, “hack” or otherwise interfere with the proper functioning of this website(s)
If you use any part of the website(s) requiring secure access, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
5. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Lift Up the Vulnerable never sells, rents, leases, or exchanges your Personal Information to third parties. Your Personal Information will only be shared if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
• Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request;
• Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; or
• Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Lift Up the Vulnerable, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
The identity of all who contact us through this website will be kept confidential. Use of Personal Information will be limited to the internal purposes of LUV and only to further our ministry activities and purposes.
6. HOW WE COLLECT THE INFORMATION
In order to tailor our interactions with you and complete transactions you request, we collect information:
• You provide when you request information or materials from our organization;
• You provide through online donations and/or orders; and
• Through the use of various online tracking technologies (see examples* below). Collecting information in this manner allows us to collect statistics about our website(s)’ usage and effectiveness, and to personalize your experience while you are on our third-party website(s).
7. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
Lift Up the Vulnerable uses your information to understand your needs and interests and provide you with better service. Consistent with local law and choices and controls that are available to you, we may also use your information to:
• Provide you with information you request;
• Complete any transactions you request or issue donation tax receipts. Credit card numbers are used only for donation processing and are not retained for any other purposes.
• Communicate with you about your donor account or transactions with us;
• Send you information about our ministry or features on our websites and applications;
• Personalize content and experiences on our website(s) and applications;
• Provide advertising about our ministry activities based on your activity on our website(s) and applications and on third-party websites and applications;
• Optimize or improve our products, services, and operations; and,
• Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
8. INFORMATION SECURITY
Lift Up the Vulnerable is committed to ensuring the security of your information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the proper use of information, we have established and implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Lift Up the Vulnerable uses Internet Encryption Software, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Protocol when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. Any information you enter is encrypted at your browser, sent over the public Internet in encrypted form. Our donor management system maintains the highest industry level standards for security and PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliance. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
9. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND THIRD-PARTY APPLICATIONS
To allow you to interact with third-party websites on which you may have accounts (such as social media websites) or join communities on such websites, we may provide links or embed third-party applications that allow you to login, post content, or join communities from our website(s). We may also provide you with general links to third-party websites. Your use of these links and applications is subject to the third-parties’ privacy policies, and you should become familiar with the third-parties’ privacy policies before using the links or applications.
Lift Up the Vulnerable is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those third-party websites.
10. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO USE ONLINE ADVERTISING
We may promote and encourage support of our ministry activities by purchasing advertising space on third-party websites. When you visit one of our websites, we or a third party may place one or more types of cookies on your computer in order to recognize your computer. If we advertise about our ministry activities on third-party websites, we are able to compile anonymous information over time about the types of pages, content, and ads you or others who use your computer visited or viewed. This anonymous information is used for many purposes. For example, it would help us try to ensure that you do not see the same advertisements repeatedly. We may also use this anonymous information to help select and display targeted advertisements on third-party websites that encourage support of our ministry activities.
Third-party companies also may collect anonymous information about your activity on our websites and applications and on third-party websites and applications using online tracking technologies. Tracking data collected by these third-party companies is used to decide which advertisements you see on third-party websites and applications, but does not identify you personally.
You may choose not to receive targeted advertisements from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers by visiting the Ads Preferences Manager or by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative.
12. PRIVACY QUESTIONS AND FUTURE COMMUNICATION
OPTING OUT OF COMMUNICATIONS
If you have subscribed to or are otherwise receiving LUV newsletters, blogs, or similar information from us by email and no longer want to receive such information in the future, you may opt out of receiving these emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” or “remove my name from all future email correspondence” link at the bottom of those emails you receive; or contact LUV directly by email to inform us. Please allow ample time for us to process your request. If you are having difficulty unsubscribing, please contact us directly at info at liftupthevulnerable.org
Please note that even if you opt out of receiving emails, you may still receive communications related to LUV’s oversight activities or otherwise as required by law. Also note that we may need to keep information we have collected about you for record-keeping, research and other purposes.
If you determine that information in our database is inaccurate or has changed, you may modify the previously provided information by emailing us.
13. GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION
14. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
THE USE OF OUR WEBSITE(S) IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL LUV BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR ANY OTHER MONETARY OR OTHER DAMAGES, FEES, FINES, PENALTIES, OR LIABILITIES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THIS SERVICE, OR SITES ACCESSED THROUGH THIS SERVICE, AND/OR CONTENT OR INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREIN. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SERVICE IS TO STOP USING THE SERVICE. USER HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL APPLY TO ALL CONTENT, MERCHANDISE AND SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
15. TERMINATION OF USE
Lift Up the Vulnerable may, in its sole discretion, terminate your account or your use of the website(s) at any time. You are personally liable for any donations prior to termination.
Lift Up the Vulnerable reserves the right to change, suspend or discontinue all or any aspects of the website(s) at any time without prior notice.
16. BLOGS AND INTERACTIVE MEDIA
If you use blogging features or otherwise post information to our website(s), you give LUV the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from and otherwise use your submission for any purpose, in any form, and on any media.
If you use blogging features or otherwise post information to our website(s), you agree you will not:
Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights
Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by LUV in its sole discretion
Post advertisements of solicitations for business
Post chain letters or pyramid schemes
Impersonate another person including but not limited to a spouse, child or sibling
Allow another person to use your credentials for posting or viewing comments
Post the same note more than once or “spam”
LUV reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
Terminate a user’s access to the entire website(s) or specific features such as the blog
Edit or delete any communications posted on the blog features, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
Donations. For donations given via credit card, a valid credit card number, expiration date and card security code is required. If we are unable to process your donation to the credit card you provide, we may request an alternate form of donation. LUV’s designated credit card processor will collect your credit card information and related personal information for its use in processing your donations. Any complaints or grievances regarding the processing of your payment should be addressed to LUV at the contact information provided.
Responsibility for charges and fees. You are solely responsible for all charges and applicable fees (including any fees assessed by your bank) associated with your donation.
You agree that you will indemnify Lift Up the Vulnerable against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to materials you have posted or other actions taken by you on the website(s).
19. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The marks “LUV,” “Lift Up the Vulnerable,” “Lift Up the Vulnerable.org” and the LUV logo are trademarks and/or service marks of Lift Up the Vulnerable. The content and design of LUV website is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, display, transmit or frame any of these materials without prior written consent from the copyright owners, except that you may view, download, display and print a single copy of these materials on a single computer for personal, noncommercial use only, so long as: you do not alter or modify the materials in any way; you include all applicable notices and disclaimers (including copyright notices); and you do not use the materials in a way that suggests an association with LUV or an affiliated LUV entity. You understand and agree that title to these materials shall not pass to you or any other user.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT LUV WEBSITE AND ANY SERVICES, CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR PROVIDED BY LUV WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. LUV DOES NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) WITH REGARD TO THE SERVICE OR ANY MERCHANDISE, INFORMATION OR SERVICE PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE. IN ADDITION, LUV DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT USE OF LUV WEBSITE WILL BE FREE FROM TECHNOLOGICAL DIFFICULTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, UNAVAILABILITY OF INFORMATION, DOWNTIME, SERVICE DISRUPTIONS, VIRUSES OR WORMS, AND YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR IMPLEMENTING SUFFICIENT PROCEDURES AND CHECKPOINTS TO SATISFY YOUR PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCURACY OF DATA INPUT AND OUTPUT.
21. ERRORS ON LUV WEBSITE(S)
Content is subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected where discovered, and LUV reserves the right to correct any errors or inaccuracies after a donation has been submitted and whether or not the donation has been confirmed and your credit card charged.
*Examples of online tracking technologies include:
• Flash Cookies. We may use local shared objects, sometimes known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences or display content based upon what you view on our website to personalize your visit. Third-party service providers with whom we contract also may use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. If you disable Flash cookies, you may not have access to many features that make your guest experience more engaging and some of our services may not function properly.
• Persistent Cookies. These types of cookies allow us to provide you with a smoother browsing experience while you navigate our website(s). Persistent cookies also help our website(s) remember your information and settings whenever you visit them. These cookies remain on your hard drive until you manually erase them or they expire.